Located in New Orleans, Fair Grinds Coffeehouse’s mission is “Great Coffee for a Change.” They meet their mission by:
1. Providing a great place to visit, think, work, and meet with friends, colleagues, or neighbors.
Oh yeah, they also make a great cup of coffee!
2. Being pioneers in serving fairtrade coffee because being fair to producers as well as consumers is part of their founding principles and clear mission.
3. Making sure that people in the countries where they source their beans get a chance at some real change.
4. Creating Fair Grinds Common Space where they partner with non-profits and others to provide space for meetings and events that build their community and their people.
5. Being a social venture enterprise that puts their profits and operating revenues directly towards creating change by being totally committed to supporting organizing and building efforts that create change and empowerment.
ANEW is delighted that Fair Grinds Homestead will be the first ever franchise of this popular coffeehouse that sells coffee for social justice!